Mothers union is a Christian charity organization with 3000 members in over 335 churches around Namirembe Diocese. Married women in the Anglican church of Uganda demonstrate their christian faith through actions that seek the transformation of families and communities world wide.
Our Vision Mission & Values
When Mothers union was established in Uganda in 1908, its purpose was to encourage parents in caring for their children, not just physically and mentally, but also spiritually. From the outset, it recognized that strong relationships and the role of a family however defined, are crucial in building healthy communities.
A Christ centered ministry impacting families and communities world wide wherever mothers union exists in the world.
To express our christian faith by the transformation of families and communities world wide.
We aim to archive this by promoting the importance of marriage, supporting families and nurturing faith: with members sensitively spreading the good news of God who loves and cares for us all.
Each member of mothers union around the Diocese subscribes to the same values, the moral and ethical codes that are central to the ways in which we operate Namely;
- We are firmly rooted in voluntary ethic centered on mutual respect and collaboration.
- Our governance, leadership and programs are driven and undertaken through members with in their own communities.
- We are inclusive-means we work with people of all faith and none.
- we believe in team spirit and work together to achieve our objectives.
- Upholding Biblical family values is the key point to our ministry.
- Innovativenes and creativity is something we encourage our members to take as serious in order to ensure we have sufficient resources to full fill our mission.
There are three clear and consistent strands that emerge as core for all Mothers union branches throughout the Diocese.
- To maintain the centrality of prayer at the heart of our worship and work with families and communities.
- To enable those we work to discover and use the skills and knowledge they poses in ways which nurture relationships, strengthen communication and develop practical skills.
- To continue to campaign against the mechanisms that perpetuate social injustice that adversely affect family life, creating dialogue which will influence public opinion locally,nationally and globally and lead to policy reform.
These three strands of praying, enabling and campaigning will under pin the six strategic objectives we will take in order to significantly increase our impact in the transformation of families and communities world wide.
- To enable individuals, families and communities to be in loving, respectful and flourishing relationships.
- To challenge the mechanisms that perpetuate social injustice adversely affecting family life.
- To increase active, engaged and effective membership.
- To create partnership within and outside Mothers union based on mutuality of relationship.
- To ensure we have sufficient resources to fulfill our mission.
- To evaluate our performance, impact and accountability.
In order to carry out all the above, there are specific objectives to help us achieve our aim, its objectives are;
- To uphold Christ’s teaching on the nature of marriage and to promote its wider understanding.
- To encourage parents to bring up their children in faith and life of the church.
- To maintain a world wide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- To promote conditions in society favorable to stable family life and the protection of children
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity.