Christian Women Fellowship (CWF) brings together all Christian Women in the Diocese with a purpose of uniting them in the Anglican Faith so as to serve God in line with the biblical teachings, values and principles. CWF works to contribute to the Diocesan Mission of promoting evangelical Christianity through teaching, nurturing, healing, caring, supporting and empowering all the members of the Church and its community for sustainable development.
The Fellowship is headed by an elected chairperson whose term of office lasts for four (4) years and supported by an executive committee of members elected from Archdeacons, Parishes and local Churches. The Fellowship has a total number of 40,000 registered and over 60,000 not yet registered.
The woman to be admired and praised is the woman who lives in the fear of the God. Proverbs 31:30
To be a model fellowship in nurturing responsible and God fearing women who bare witness to Jesus Christ.
CWF aims at promoting spiritual growth, active participation and engagement of Christian women in the socio-economic development of their households and communities.
Our Core Values
CWF subscribes to the Diocesan values under which it serves its members and these include;
- Upholding of the Holy Scriptures
- Selfless service
- Upholding Biblical family values
- Unity in Christ.
Our objectives are designed to enable Christian Women fulfill their call to God given ministry of evangelism, discipleship, serve the underprivileged and stewardship so that together we grow in faith, knowledge and love of Jesus Christ. These include;
- To instill Christian values and principles in families through biblical teachings and prayer so as to raise God fearing families.
- To preach and promote the gospel to all people through mission and evangelism for responsible and God fearing citizens.
- To empower and support women in business management skills through trainings in viable income generating projects for poverty eradication.
- To build capacity of women in leadership and governance at all levels through trainings and active participation in Church and Government programs.
Our activities and programs include the following;
- Family counseling and guidance
- Prison and hospital Ministry
- Addressing social issues
- Home supportive visits to the vulnerable.
- Bible study and mission activities.
- Leadership training program
- Economic empowerment trainings
- Christian Women Fellowship SACCO
- Celebrations of Maria Magdalene day
- Mass weddings
- Focus Fest
- Women trade show expo
- Study Exchange Visits
Christian Women Fellowship
Namirembe Diocese Centenary Building
P.O BOX 14297 Kampala