Daughters of the King (DOK) is a fellowship under the Youth Department that brings together single girls between 12-35 years. The Fellowship also welcomes girls with unforeseen circumstances but still single. The main aim is to nurture young girls into God fearing responsible citizens and bear witness to Jesus Christ. Fellowship is headed by an elected chairperson whose term of office lasts for four (4) years and supported by an elected committee from the Archdeaconry level.
DOK was formed in 1985 in USA by Diana Stanton wife of the Bishop of Dallas and introduced in Uganda in 1995 by Mrs. Allen Ssekadde, wife of then Bishop of Namirembe Samuel Balagadde Ssekadde. It started from Mengo Archdeaconry before being approved by the Diocesan Council.
Vision: Transforming and empowering young Christian lives.
Mission: To see young girls get transformed in their Christian lives socially, spiritually and economically.
Motto: Set an example (1 Tim 4:12)
Colours: Royal blue and white
- To preach the word of God throughout the world through singing, dancing, art and craft, evangelism and mission etc.
- To have girls face challenges with a Christ centered heart.
- To uphold the self esteem and capabilities of girls/ladies using their skills and talents.
- To let the girls know that life is precious and how to keep it safe.
Code of Conduct
- Descent dressing
- Participation in Church activities.
DOK membership is free and its drawn from non school going and going i.e. (Primary and Secondary), tertiary, vocational, colleges, universities and working class as well as unemployed girls among others. These register their membership from their local Churches, Archdeacon and Diocesan levels.
Responsibilities and Duties for a DOK member
- Love for God, neighbours and the unloving.
- Praying to God as a friend without ceasing.
- Serving God especially in his Church.
- Following things worth of life.
- Fulfilling vows for prayer and service.
- Being part of Mission and Evangelism through prayer, serving, encouraging others to come to Christ through the Church.
- Being part of DOK programmes.
- Sacrificing personal finances for DOK ministry.
- Helping and advising one another.
- Maintaining team spirit.
Daughters of the King
P.O Box 14297 Kampala