The mission and Evangelism department is the reason why the Diocese exists and it aims at ensuring intensive teaching, preaching and spreading the gospel in all corners of the Diocese so as to win more disciples to risen Christ. The department is governed by a a Mission Board which is the supreme decision making body and the day today activities are coordinated by the Mission & Evangelism secretary who works with a devoted professional team to realize the mission mandate.
” Being rooted and established in Christ and bonding in fruitfulness” Colossians 2:7
Mission based on Bible scriptures and selfless service for a meaningful ministry to all people including the under privileged through prayer and fasting, convention, crusades, healing and deliverance as well as empowerment.
Overall strategic objective
To have a department that nourishes spiritual, physical, social and psychological growth and development among all people through encouraging, supporting teaching and promoting praise and worship of God in our diverse congregations.
- To develop, promote and implement new strategies and approaches for modern day mission and Evangelism so as to make God’s ministry effective.
- To build capacity of religious leaders in modern evangelism and missionary work at all church levels in the Diocese.
- To mobilize Resources for the facilitation of the salvation gospel in all corners of the Diocese.
- To serve and promote the underprivileged like the needy, poor, oppressed, disabled, and misaligned for a meaningful life style.
- To protect and preserve the environment through forestation, teaching people the dangers, importance and creating awareness.
- To over see the spiritual life of Diocesan staff
- Advise departments and fellowships to programs, projects which are mission oriented so as to full fill the great commission.
Department Core Functions
- Spread the salvation gospel of Christ to all communities
- Support Church planting and renovation depending on need
- Carryout charitable work for the needy and oppressed
- Provide ongoing evangelism training course for religious leaders
- Solicit funds to support the mission and evangelism programs
- Support environmental conservation and protection
Core Program Areas (CPAs)
- Decade of Mission
- Environmental Conservation
- Capacity Building
- Monitoring and Evaluation
This program area focuses on all activities meant for spiritual growth and development like prayer and fasting, praise and worship, mission outreaches, intercessions, discipleship, healing and deliverance etc. It’s a program are which is cross cutting to all other areas. The main aim is to full fill the great commission “Mathew” 28:19.
Decade of Mission
This program area focuses on Mission in our personal lives, Churches, institutions, families, Education, Health care, Church planting, planning and development, Business, Anglican Communion, stewardship public, policy and civic responsibility as a mission.
This program area focuses on appreciating and ensuring friendly use of the beautiful nature environment gifted to us by God but being misused today like deforestation, swamp degradation.
All measures aimed at protection and conservation of nature like education, trainings, advocacy, and forestation etc are implemented here.
This program area focuses on continued learning and empowerment activities to improve competences, skills and ensure quality service provision through trainings, short courses, exposure learning visits, workshops, seminars, retreats and conferences etc aimed at equipping mission staff, religious and church leaders at all levels with relevant knowledge and skills.
Monitoring and Evaluation
This program area focuses on monitoring and tracking the performance of the mission programs to assess their relevance and impact at all Church levels. Focus is mainly on results both short and long term. It’s through this CPA that performance review meetings, mission staff appraisals, evaluation meetings, report reviews and analysis, and field support supervision visits are carried out. Lessons learnt and best practices are also a top priority here.
To promote worship of God in all churches and communities with a view of equipping every member with biblical truth so as to win more disciples that witness the risen Christ.